The Joomla! project has proudly announced the latest major release of Joomla! project today in the series of Joomla 3.x and It's Joomla 3.6. It is the seventh standard-term support release in this series,
It is claimed that new release Joomla 3.6 includes more than 400 improvements along with many new features to make the Joomla! CMS more user friendly and feature-rich. Along with the new features, it has got lots of UX/UI improvements as well.
So what's new in Joomla 3.6?
- Create categories on the fly
- Improved Joomla! updates
- The revolution in Joomla! UX Improvements
- Sub Form Field
- Menu Type ACL
- See what's in your menus with All Menu Items
- htaccess authentication for calls
- Build more complex database queries with new database query classes!
- Allow stream connections to support proxies
- New “Showon” Option for fieldsets in component config
- New position settings for Bootstrap tooltips extended
- SASS & SCSS File Support in Joomla! Template Manager
- Writing Extension Installer scripts got easier
- Richer Contact Category list pages with images
- Reverse Caching Support
and many more features.....
If you want to know more about all these features in details, check out this link to know all these features in detail.